Advanced Technology update
The Company continues working towards commercialization of its solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) technology and distributed hydrogen generation capabilities, utilizing global partners to build critical mass and to develop technology platforms suitable for markets around the world. During the fourth quarter of 2013, the Company entered into the following:
- $6.4 million agreement with the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) to demonstrate a sub-megawatt SOFC plant configured for combined heat & power (CHP) output that is connected to the electric grid.
- A multi-phase two year agreement to supply a demonstration solid-state electrochemical hydrogen separation (EHS) unit to a global chemical company for high efficiency separation of hydrogen from natural gas. Under the first phase, valued at approximately $1.1 million, the Company will deliver a remotely monitored CE-compliant EHS system. Successful completion of the first phase is expected to lead to subsequent funding to increase the size and scale of the system for the targeted industrial market. The technology provides a unique way to separate hydrogen from clean natural gas or renewable biogas in a process with relatively low energy consumption and without the need for pressurization or moving parts, leading to lower operating costs than current hydrogen separation technologies. Cost effective distributed hydrogen generation has attractive market potential.
- The build phase of a DOE supported project to convert renewable biogas from agricultural waste into power utilizing a FuelCell Energy manufactured SOFC power plant at a dairy farm in California. The Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) will facilitate the installation and operation of the SOFC power system.
This news release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including, without limitation, statements with respect to the Company's anticipated financial results and statements regarding the Company's plans and expectations regarding the continuing development, commercialization and financing of its fuel cell technology and business plans. All forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected. Factors that could cause such a difference include, without limitation, changes to projected deliveries and order flow, changes to production rate and product costs, general risks associated with product development, manufacturing, changes in the regulatory environment, customer strategies, unanticipated manufacturing issues that impact power plant performance, changes in critical accounting policies, potential volatility of energy prices, rapid technological change, competition, and the Company's ability to achieve its sales plans and cost reduction targets, as well as other risks set forth in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The forward-looking statements contained herein speak only as of the date of this press release. The Company expressly disclaims any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any such statement to reflect any change in the Company's expectations or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV