TULSA, Okla., Dec. 16, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Rose Rock Midstream, L.P. (NYSE:RRMS) and SemGroup ® Corporation (NYSE:SEMG) announced today that Rose Rock has acquired from SemGroup an additional one-third interest in SemCrude Pipeline, L.L.C., which owns a 51 percent interest in White Cliffs Pipeline L.L.C. for $275 million. Rose Rock now owns a 67 percent interest in SemCrude Pipeline and indirectly owns a 34 percent interest in White Cliffs Pipeline.
White Cliffs Pipeline is a 527-mile common carrier, crude oil pipeline system that originates in Colorado and terminates in Cushing, Oklahoma. It has a current capacity of 76,000 barrels per day and is in the process of an expansion project which will increase total capacity to 150,000 barrels per day. Rose Rock will be responsible for funding its portion of the expansion. This project is expected to be completed mid-2014.
The acquisition will be immediately accretive to Rose Rock's distributable cash flow on a per unit basis and was funded with approximately:
- $173.1 million of cash borrowings under Rose Rock's revolving credit facility;
- $54.5 million of equity from the issuance of 1.5 million common units to SemGroup; and
- $45.4 million of equity from the issuance of 1.25 million Class A units to SemGroup. The Class A units will not receive any distributions, but are convertible into common units on a one-for-one basis once White Cliffs Pipeline achieves an average monthly volume of 125,000 barrels per day.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts