This Day On The Street
Continue to site
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here

Hexcel Guides For Another Record Year In 2014

Hexcel Corporation (NYSE: HXL)(Paris: HXL), today provided its guidance for 2014 and reaffirmed its outlook and targets through 2017.

2014 Guidance

Mr. Nick Stanage, Hexcel’s Chief Executive Officer, summarizing the Company’s outlook commented, “In 2014, we expect another record year with constant currency sales growth of approximately 10%, continued operating income margin expansion, ‘teens’ growth in earnings per share and to generate free cash flow while continuing to fund our capital expenditures ramp-up to meet future customer demands. Commercial Aerospace will again lead our sales growth. While the B787 was a key driver of our 2013 sales growth, we now expect the A350 XWB to be a significant driver of growth for 2014 and the next several years. Hexcel content per A350 XWB is now estimated at $5 million per shipset, a significant milestone that reflects both the breadth and depth of our products as well as nearly ten years of dedicated effort.”

Hexcel’s overall 2014 revenue guidance is in the range of $1.80 billion to $1.88 billion, at current exchange rates, as compared to the 2013 revenue guidance of $1.655 billion to $1.685 billion. The Company expects 2014 sales growth to again be led by double digit sales growth in the Commercial Aerospace market, which comprises about 63% of the Company’s last twelve months sales. This growth will come from sales to Airbus, Boeing, and their subcontractors (which account for 85% of Commercial Aerospace sales), thanks to on-going increases in aircraft build rates and new composite rich aircraft programs that are ramping up. Regional and business aircraft account for the remaining 15% of Commercial Aerospace sales and are also expected to increase in 2014.

Hexcel expects continued mid-single digit growth in the Space & Defense market in 2014, which comprises 23% of the Company’s sales. Growth will be led by the A400M military transport and global rotorcraft demand for Hexcel materials. The V-22 will begin to see the expected decline in build rate, but will likely remain the Company’s largest S&D program in 2014. In the Industrial markets (comprising 14% of total sales) Hexcel foresees mid-single digit growth in 2014, both for wind turbine sales, as well as other industrial sub-markets.

1 of 4

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Only $9.95
14-Days Free
Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Real Money

More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.

Product Features:
  • Access to Jim Cramer's daily blog
  • Intraday commentary and news
  • Real-time trading forums
Only $49.95
14-Days Free
14-Days Free


Chart of I:DJI
DOW 16,472.37 +200.36 1.23%
S&P 500 1,951.36 +27.54 1.43%
NASDAQ 4,707.7750 +80.6910 1.74%

Free Reports

Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs