FXCM Inc. (NYSE:FXCM) today announced certain key operating metrics for November 2013 for its retail and institutional foreign exchange business. Monthly activities included:
November 2013 Retail Trading Metrics
- Retail customer trading volume (1) of $308 billion in November 2013, 2% lower than October 2013 and 1% higher than November 2012.
- Average retail customer trading volume (1) per day of $14.7 billion in November 2013, 7.3% higher than October 2013 and 5.8% higher than November 2012.
- An average of 384,889 retail client trades per day in November 2013, 1.5% higher than October 2013 and 8.7% higher than November 2012.
- Tradable accounts (2) of 188,397 as of November 30, 2013, a decrease of 417, or 0.2% from October 2013, and a decrease of 15,098, or 7%, from November 2012.
November 2013 Institutional Trading Metrics
- Institutional customer trading volume (1) of $193 billion in November 2013, 9.5% higher than October 2013 and 115% higher than November 2012.
- Average institutional trading volume (1) per day of $9.2 billion in November 2013, 19.9% higher than October 2013 and 125% higher than November 2012.
- An average of 37,507 institutional client trades per day in November 2013, 29% higher than October 2013 and 281% higher than November 2012.
More information, including historical results for each of the above metrics, can be found on the investor relations page of the Company's corporate web site, www.fxcm.com.This operating data is preliminary and subject to revision and should not be taken as an indication of the financial performance of FXCM Inc. FXCM undertakes no obligation to publicly update or review previously reported operating data. Any updates to previously reported operating data will be reflected in the historical operating data that can be found on the Investor Relations page of the Company's corporate web site, www.fxcm.com. (1) Volume that FXCM customers traded in period translated into US dollars. (2) An account that has sufficient funds to place a trade in accordance with FXCM trading policies. Disclosure Regarding Forward-Looking Statements In addition to historical information, this release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, which reflect FXCM Inc.'s current views with respect to, among other things, its operations and financial performance for the future. You can identify these forward-looking statements by the use of words such as "outlook," "believes," "expects," "potential," "continues," "may," "will," "should," "seeks," "approximately," "predicts," "intends," "plans," "estimates," "anticipates" or the negative version of these words or other comparable words. Such forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties. Accordingly, there are or will be important factors that could cause actual outcomes or results to differ materially from those indicated in these statements. FXCM Inc. believes these factors include but are not limited to evolving legal and regulatory requirements of the FX industry, the limited operating history of the FX industry, risks related to the protection of its proprietary technology, risks related to its dependence on FX market makers, market conditions and those other risks described under "Risk Factors" in FXCM Inc.'s Annual Report on Form 10-K and other SEC filings, which are accessible on the SEC website at sec.gov. These factors should not be construed as exhaustive and should be read in conjunction with the other cautionary statements that are included in this presentation and in our SEC filings. FXCM Inc. undertakes no obligation to publicly update or review any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise, except as required by law.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV