Praxair, Inc. (NYSE:PX) is notifying bulk and packaged industrial, specialty and medical gas customers in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico of increases in prices, effective January 1, 2014, or as contracts permit, as follows:
- Up to 12% for nitrogen, oxygen and carbon dioxide
- Up to 15% for argon and hydrogen
- Up to 20% for helium
- Up to 15% for facility fees or monthly bulk product charges and cylinder rental rates
- Up to 5% on hardgoods
Additionally, Praxair is notifying customers worldwide of increases in prices of electronic gases of up to 20%, effective January 1, 2014.
Price adjustments will vary as permitted by individual supply contracts.
These adjustments support continuing infrastructure investments and help offset the rising costs of production, maintenance and quality assurance systems that cannot be fully recovered with productivity initiatives. In addition, supply/demand imbalances persist for some products in certain regions, along with continuing feedstock, raw material and energy cost increases.About Praxair Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 250 company with 2012 sales of $11 billion, is the largest industrial gases company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. The company produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings. Praxair products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, metals and many others. More information about Praxair, Inc. is available at www.praxair.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV