The Boss Doesn't Want to Hear Your Ideas
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- There's an idea that the Great American Worker is content to plow through a nine-to-five day, keep his or her head down and serve more as an instrument than as an idea generator in the workplace, since the really great ideas come from the executive suites, the so-called "C-Level" offices.
Workers don't see things that way.
Instead, employees today see themselves as "idea people" -- as entrepreneurs in the workplace, ready to step up and handle project initiatives from start to finish (especially on projects stemming from their own ideas and input.)
But those cubicle creators believe corporate America doesn't want to hear their ideas and doesn't see workforce members as entrepreneurs.New York-based Accenture did a study called Corporate Innovation Is Within Reach: Nurturing and Enabling An Entrepreneurial Culture in which it reports that 52% of U.S. employees say they have brought a good idea to the table inside their companies, but only 20% said there was enough support from management to develop that idea. Employees are better connected and more in tune with customers than ever before, so companies must encourage innovation throughout their entire workforces by incentivizing risk taking and rewarding efforts rather than just outcomes."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV