Unusual Social Activity Today Around PNC Financial Services Group (PNC)
- PNC has 18x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 0.75 mentions/day.
- PNC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $164.7 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PNC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PNC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PNC: The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. operates as a diversified financial services company in the United States and internationally. The company's Retail Banking segment provides deposit, lending, brokerage, investment management, and cash management services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. PNC has a PE ratio of 11.3. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate PNC Financial Services Group a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for PNC Financial Services Group has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. PNC Financial Services Group has a market cap of $40.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 1.11 and a short float of 1.3% with 3.04 days to cover. Shares are up 29.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates PNC Financial Services Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, growth in earnings per share and attractive valuation levels. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 33.72% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 126.26% to $4,100.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PNC FINANCIAL SVCS GROUP INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 122.81%.
- The gross profit margin for PNC FINANCIAL SVCS GROUP INC is currently very high, coming in at 91.51%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 25.08% trails the industry average.
- PNC FINANCIAL SVCS GROUP INC has improved earnings per share by 9.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PNC FINANCIAL SVCS GROUP INC reported lower earnings of $5.30 versus $5.64 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.21 versus $5.30).
- PNC, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.2%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full PNC Financial Services Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.