BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- The dust is settling from last week's selling. All told, it was the worst single week for stocks since all the way back in August. The S&P 500 index sold off a whopping 1.6%, knocking 2013's market performance down to a "gaunt" 24.48%.
The reality is that it's pretty telling when a 1.6% decline is the biggest one-week loss in around four months. This rally has been consistent and low-volatility all the way up.
And this morning, stocks are pointed toward reclaiming some of those lost points. With December's end drawing nearer, it's probably a pretty safe bet to expect we'll get an interesting end to this year's trading. After all, scores of institutional investors are looking for a last-minute boost before the books get shut for 2013. That means there are likely to be some big opportunities in the most well-liked equity names in the next two weeks.To take full advantage, we're taking a closer look at five Rocket Stocks worth buying. >>3 Big Stocks on Traders' Radars For the uninitiated, "Rocket Stocks" are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts' expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows. In the last 227 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 86.25%. Without further ado, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV