It's been one heckuva year for the bulls, hasn't it Dumbest fans? Boy, did they lead a market stampede in 2013, Fed-tapering talk be damned.
Simply because the indices shot higher, however, does not mean corporate America was devoid of dumb things this past year. In fact, it was quite the contrary. Our friends on Wall Street gave us an abundance of asinine incidents from which to choose, making it harder than ever for us to select a mere 10 for our annual year-end list.
Still, we have a job to do, so here are our selections for the 10 biggest flubs of 2013. If you disagree with our ranking, or feel we omitted a doozy, feel free to shoot us an email. Like we said, there was more than enough stupidity to go around this year, far more than even experts like us could possibly recognize.And before we turn the last page in our calendar, we'd like to wish all of our readers a happy and healthy 2014. We hope to see you all in the New Year, but for your own sake, not on one of our dumbest lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV