Today's Momo Momentum Stock To Watch: MasterCard Incorporated (MA)
- MA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $583.9 million.
- MA has a PE ratio of 30.1.
- MA is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- MA is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- MA is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- MA is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- MA has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 0.6%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MA: MasterCard Incorporated, together with its subsidiaries, provides transaction processing and other payment-related services in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.3%. MA has a PE ratio of 30.1. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate MasterCard Incorporated a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for MasterCard Incorporated has been 499,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. MasterCard has a market cap of $88.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.49 and a short float of 1.3% with 1.93 days to cover. Shares are up 60.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates MasterCard Incorporated as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 22.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- MASTERCARD INC has improved earnings per share by 17.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MASTERCARD INC increased its bottom line by earning $21.94 versus $14.83 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($26.41 versus $21.94).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the IT Services industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 13.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $772.00 million to $879.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for MASTERCARD INC is rather high; currently it is at 59.15%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 39.63% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,322.00 million or 30.37% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -13.92%.
- You can view the full MasterCard Incorporated Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.