ROCKVILLE, Md., Dec. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The holiday season is in full swing and over a third of Americans plan to take a trip which requires at least one overnight stay, according to a recent survey conducted this month by Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH) one of the world's largest hotel companies.
Most holiday travelers polled said that if money was not a factor they would prefer to stay in a hotel. Why do these holiday road warriors prefer a hotel? The most common issues reported by holiday travelers while staying with family or friends included being woken up before they wanted to (39%) or having to wait in line to use the bathroom (25%).
If holiday travelers are not comfortable during their trip, their holiday spirit is negatively impacted. Therefore a calm and comfortable hotel stay may be just the ticket during this season.Choice Hotels has sifted through the data and following is the company's List of Holiday Travel Anxieties as revealed by its 2013 Winter Travel Survey. Holiday Travel Anxieties
- Accidentally seeing a relative naked
- Eating a meal from a "not so great" cook
- Participating in uncomfortable family traditions (wearing ugly sweaters, etc)
- Kids getting into the gifts before they're supposed to
- Getting stuck in long conversations with "odd" relatives
- Having to sleep on an air mattress or on the floor
- Having to share a room with a sibling or a relative
- Getting into an argument with a relative
Survey Methodology This nationally representative survey was conducted by Research Now on behalf of Choice Hotels among a sample of 1,202 US adults, of which n=471 were identified as "holiday travelers".
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV