Trade-Ideas: Avago Technologies (AVGO) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- AVGO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $109.4 million.
- AVGO has traded 1.3 million shares today.
- AVGO is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AVGO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AVGO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AVGO: Avago Technologies Limited engages in the design, development, and supply of analog semiconductor devices with a focus on III-V based products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. AVGO has a PE ratio of 16.1. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Avago Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Avago Technologies has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Avago has a market cap of $11.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 0.95 and a short float of 1.9% with 1.07 days to cover. Shares are up 47.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Avago Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, increase in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- AVGO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.32, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 32.34% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AVGO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LTD is rather high; currently it is at 54.47%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 23.30% is above that of the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 8.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $159.00 million to $172.00 million.
- You can view the full Avago Technologies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.