NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- With about 90 stock exchanges around the world and about 63,000 publicly traded companies, investors are spoiled for choice. That doesn't make picking them any easier.
When I make suggestions to clients, I like to explain exactly how I came up with specific stocks so that they can make sure they agree with the logic as well as the conclusion.
To assist in sorting through stocks, my firm has devised several programs to help characterize investment categories. Many investment managers sort and group stocks into categories in order to make manageable groups with similar characteristics.
I'm going to share three of our programs with you, highlight the sectors offering some of the best values and suggest specific stocks from each for your consideration.Our Dividend Buster Program focuses on dividend-paying stocks. Within that group, we've seen the telecom sector continue to offer attractive values.
- BCE (BCE):
- Verizon (VZ):
- Apple (AAPL):
- Cisco Systems (CSCO):
- Computer Programs and Systems (CPSI):
- Charles River Laboratories (CRL):
- Haemonetics Corp (HAE):
- Masimo Corp (MASI):
- Owens and Minor (OMI):
We'll continue monitoring these sectors and stocks throughout the year. Pursche through his firm's funds has positions in all the stocks mentioned. Follow @Opurshce This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV