Analog Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADI), a global leader in high-performance semiconductors for signal processing applications, announced today that the ADXL362 MEMS accelerometer is integrated into the Pulse activity tracker developed by Withings, a company that creates smart products and apps to help people easily take care of their health and well-being. The Pulse activity tracker is a pocket-sized tool designed to help users to achieve their personal health and fitness goals. It offers a range of monitoring features, from tracking the number of steps and the distance traveled, to calculating the number of calories burned, measuring heart rate and detecting the quality of sleep. Watch a video about the ADXL362 low power accelerometer: http://videos.analog.com/video/1665773523001/ADXL362-Micropower-3-Axis-MEMS-Accelerometer/
“The Withings Pulse activity tracker lets you understand and analyze your fitness, and that’s the first step to improving it. The quality of Analog Devices’ MEMS motion sensing technology that we’ve managed to fit into this tiny device and the exceptional battery life it provides makes it the perfect companion for a healthy lifestyle,” said Eric Carreel, president and co-founder of Withings.
Withings needed technology that offered a high performance solution combined with ultra-low power consumption for a longer battery life and enhanced user autonomy. As the industry’s lowest power MEMS accelerometer, the Analog Devices ADXL362 MEMS accelerometer was a good choice.
- For more information on Analog Devices ADXL362, visit www.analog.com/ADXL362
- For more information on the Withings Pulse Activity Tracker, visit: http://www.withings.com/en/pulse
The 3-axis, ADXL362 MEMS digital accelerometer consumes less than 2 µA at a 100-Hz output data rate and 270 nA when in slower sampling wake-up mode, consuming up to an order of magnitude lower power than competing MEMS accelerometers. The MEMS accelerometer includes an activity detection function that distinguishes between different kinds of motion and prevents the sensor from turning the system on unnecessarily and using additional battery life.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV