Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) announced today that Michael B. McCallister has notified the company that he will retire from its Board of Directors effective December 31, 2013. Humana’s Board of Directors has elected Kurt J. Hilzinger, currently serving as Lead Director, to become Chairman of the Board effective upon Mr. McCallister’s retirement.
Mr. McCallister has served as Chairman of the Board since his election to that position in August 2010.
“Kurt’s role as Lead Director has prepared him well to lead Humana’s Board of Directors upon my retirement,” said McCallister. “I have full confidence that he will continue to ensure corporate governance and accountability to our shareholders remain at the forefront for our directors.”
Hilzinger was initially elected to Humana’s Board of Directors in July 2003, and was elected as Lead Director in August 2010. He is a Partner at Court Square Capital Partners, LP, having held this position since November 2007. Prior to that, he was a Director of AmerisourceBergen Corporation from March 2004 to November 2007 while serving in various executive roles there between August 2001 and November 2007.About Humana Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships. More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders;
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings;
- Most recent investor conference presentations;
- Quarterly earnings news releases;
- Replays of most recent earnings release conference calls;
- Calendar of events (including upcoming earnings conference call dates and times, as well as planned interaction with research analysts and institutional investors);
- Corporate Governance information.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts