BOSTON, Dec. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sappi Fine Paper North America was awarded the Promotional Campaign of the Year Award for its Ideas that Matter program in the fifth annual 2013 Pulp & Paper International (PPI) Awards. The PPI Awards are the only global awards dedicated to recognizing achievements in various sectors of the pulp and paper industry.
Sappi Fine Paper North America was nominated as a finalist for two awards in the Promotional Campaign of the Year category, with Ideas that Matter determined as the 2013 winner. The following campaigns recognized are a testament to Sappi's continued strong performance in the market, the impact our strategic initiatives have on positioning the company for the future, and the valuable resources Sappi provides our customers:
- Ideas that Matter 2013 –Sappi's 14 th annual Ideas that Matter program is the industry's highly respected grant program aimed at helping designers create and implement print projects in support of charitable causes. Since 1999, the program has awarded over $12M worldwide to talented designers working with non-profit programs and organizations. This year's 11 winning projects reflect the on-going commitment in the design community to utilize design in combination with innovative thinking to solve social problems.
- Print & – Print & is an insightful publication highlighting the interrelationship between print and digital media. Rather than being at odds, Print & highlights persuasive study results showing how print drives return on investment (ROI) when used in combination with alternative media to create effective integrated campaigns. Through independent research and compelling examples, Print & explores data on demographic preferences, emotional triggers as well as shopping behaviors that show how print creates an interactive, visually intriguing and tactile experience.
In addition to being recognized in the PPI Awards, Sappi Fine Paper North America has also received recognition from both the 2013 FPO Design Awards and the Positively Print award at PRINT 13 for its Print & promotion."Through creative problem-solving and strategic innovation, we strive to make a lasting impact within our industry," said Jennifer Miller, Executive Vice President of Coated Business and Chief Sustainability Officer, Sappi Fine Paper North America. "Our conviction to the power of print and design is reflected in our promotional campaigns and commitment to print education. We are honored to accept this recognition at the 2013 PPI Awards." Industry renowned names such as Teresa Presas (CEPI), Martyn Eustace (Two Sides), Rod Young (RISI) and Phillip Lawrence (Eco Logical Strategies) were involved in the judging, along with other experts in different fields. RISI will be publishing more information on the awards in the December issue of PPI magazine as well as on the RISI and PPI Awards websites. This year's winners were announced at a ceremony at the Ritz-Carlton in Dubai on Wednesday, December 11, 2013. Sappi Fine Paper Europe also received an award for Advances and Innovation in Speciality Papers. About Sappi Fine Paper North AmericaSappi Fine Paper North America, known for innovation and quality, is a preeminent North American producer of coated fine and release papers, as well as dissolving wood pulp (DWP) and market kraft pulp headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Its coated fine papers, with highly recognized brand names such as McCoy, Opus, Somerset and Flo, are used in premium magazines, catalogs, books and high-end print advertising. The company is also the world's leading supplier of release papers for the automotive, fashion and engineered films industries, including the globally recognized Ultracast brand. Sappi's release papers provide the surface aesthetics for synthetic fabrics used in footwear, clothing, upholstery and accessories, as well as the textures for decorative laminates found in kitchens, baths, flooring and other decorative surfaces. Sappi globally is the world's largest manufacturer of dissolving wood pulp, a versatile raw material for a wide range of products including textile fibers and household products. Sappi Fine Paper North America, through the recent conversion of the Cloquet pulp mill, manufactures dissolving pulp under Sappi's Specialised Cellulose division primarily for the textile markets. Sappi Fine Paper North America is a subsidiary of Sappi Limited (JSE), a global company headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, with over 14,000 employees and manufacturing operations on three continents in seven countries and customers in over 100 countries around the world. Learn more about Sappi at: www.sappi.com/na. For further information: Joanna Rieke Manager, Corporate CommunicationsSappi Fine Paper North AmericaOffice: 617-423-5409 firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV