PORTLAND, Ore., Dec. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Rentrak (NASDAQ: RENT), the leader in precisely measuring movies and TV everywhere, today announced a multi-year local TV ratings contract with West Virginia Media for eight stations, which include WOWK-TV (CBS), WBOY-TV (NBC), Your ABC ( Clarksburg/ Morgantown, W. Va.), WVNS-TV (CBS), FOX West Virginia ( Beckley/ Bluefield, W. Va.), WTRF-TV (CBS), FOX Ohio Valley ( Wheeling/ Steubenville, Ohio) and ABC Ohio Valley ( Wheeling/ Steubenville, Ohio).
The new agreement gives Rentrak local television clients in all four markets in West Virginia as a majority of the state's stations have now adopted Rentrak's television ratings currency.
"Rentrak gives us what we have been looking for with its reliable, stable and passive audience measurement in every market," said Bray Cary, president and CEO of West Virginia Media. "With Rentrak household and demographic ratings every day of the year, our advertiser and agency clients will be the real winners. Plus, their automotive metrics will allow our automotive clients to allocate dollars more efficiently and effectively when reaching their true target.""We are delighted to welcome West Virginia Media to our family of clients," said Steve Walsh, Rentrak's executive vice president, local market television. "We look forward to working closely with them as our local market station momentum continues across the country." Rentrak's television ratings service is the only fully-integrated system of detailed satellite, telco and cable TV viewing information from more than 25 million TVs nationwide including granular information for TV programming in all 210 local markets. More than 235 stations currently subscribe to Rentrak's local TV measurement services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV