NEW YORK, Dec. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Remember the days when you thought anything was possible? Well, it still is. Weight Watchers International, Inc. (NYSE: WTW) is helping consumers to make this feeling a reality by offering an easy-to-follow path to a new beginning with the debut of its simplest plan ever: Simple Start. The world's leading provider of weight management services introduces the new two-week starter plan with a national advertising campaign delivering a message of hope and possibility using the metaphor of childhood that is meant to encourage people to find their new beginning with Weight Watchers.
Research shows that getting off to a strong start in the initial phase of a weight-loss program has proven to be an important indicator of success 1. With a focus on that very concept, the new Simple Start plan is designed to provide a helpful on-ramp to weight loss success with the Weight Watchers PointsPlus ® program.
"With weight loss being at the top of traditional resolution lists, we know that the first couple of weeks are very important to one's motivation and success. Focusing on a big weight loss goal at the start can feel overwhelming, but we believe the powerful combination of Simple Start and our supportive approach will bring added optimism to making losing weight and getting healthy a reality," said Cheryl Callan, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Weight Watchers. "This year's winter campaign taps into the feelings and possibility of a new beginning as we enter the New Year. As part of that new beginning, we're encouraging people to leave their too big New Year's resolutions at the door in favor of a simple, doable approach that gets you started losing weight right away."
The Simplest Plan EverThe new Simple Start plan from Weight Watchers centers on an easy way to get off to a great start losing weight with a new corresponding mobile app:
- For two weeks, members can choose from a suggested menu of no-brainer meals built from good-for-you foods without a focus on tracking PointsPlus® values.
- Simple Start is built on a foundation of satisfying Power Foods, which are the healthiest and most filling food choices within categories, including whole grains, lean proteins, non-fat dairy and fresh fruits and vegetables.
- All the work has been done in advance: more than 30 simple and delicious meal ideas for breakfast, lunch and dinner along with mix-and-match DIY options for endless creativity; daily snacks and indulgences; beverage suggestions; ideas for swaps and flavor boosts; tips for dining out; and even photos of recommended portion sizes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV