- Reportable Segments – Effective October 1, 2013, results of the Medical Supplies business in Western Europe are reflected in the Medical Devices segment, consistent with the way that business is managed.
- Product Sales Categories – Product line sales now will be reported in the following categories:
- Surgical Solutions – Advanced Surgical 1 and General Surgical 2
- Vascular Therapies – Peripheral Vascular and Neurovascular
- Respiratory & Patient Care – Patient Monitoring, Airway & Ventilation, Nursing Care and Patient Care
- Geographic Sales Methodology – Geographic sales for the company now will be reported in the following categories, reflecting sales primarily based on customer location rather than location of the selling entity:
- United States
- Non-U.S. Developed Markets3
- Emerging Markets
- Historical Corporate Expense Allocation – Certain costs that previously were included in corporate expense, including information technology and certain shared service costs, are now reflected in the company’s reportable segments.
Covidien Announces Reporting Changes And Revised Revenue Guidance
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts