PHILADELPHIA, December 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Top hospital systems, medical schools worldwide adopting Elsevier's 'clinical insight engine'
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, today announced that Intermountain Healthcare, a nonprofit integrated health system based in Utah, has selected ClinicalKey to provide electronic medical reference and knowledge-based information to its clinicians and medical libraries. Intermountain Healthcare, with 22 hospitals, 185 clinics and a medical group with some 1,000 employed physicians, joins the growing ranks of top hospital systems and medical schools around the world that have selected Elsevier's "clinical insight engine" for its clinicians. "We selected ClinicalKey as a clinical reference solution for its extensive search and reference capabilities and its deep content, from journal articles and textbooks to procedure videos and drug information," said Chris Wood, M.D., Medical Director for Information Services for Intermountain Healthcare. "ClinicalKey will help our medical teams across our system access some of the most relevant, in-depth clinical information available, helping them to deliver the best patient care and patient education." ClinicalKey provides evidence-based clinical answers drawn from the single largest body of clinical content available including Medline, 500+ journals, 100+ books, drug information, guidelines, and patient education. Its clinically relevant search is powered by Elsevier's Smart Content, tagged with EMMeT (Elsevier Merged Medical Taxonomy), which enables ClinicalKey to understand clinical terms and thus discover medical content that is the most relevant, plus find related content that would be missed by other search engines. Since launching in 2012, hundreds of hospitals and medical schools across the country and the world have adopted ClinicalKey. In addition to Intermountain, the list includes the following top institutions among many others:
- New York City Health & Hospitals Corporation
- Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, La.
- Vanderbilt School of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tenn.
- Bangkok Hospital Group, Thailand
- Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Ga.
- National Jewish Health, Denver, Colo.
- The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- Maricopa Integrated Health System, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Yonsei University Health System, Korea
- Royal Society of Medicine Library, United Kingdom
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts