- On average, the difference in price between the cheapest and most expensive territory at a single insurer was $283 .
- Oconee was the territory that most frequently had the lowest prices in the study. The average quote for the Oconee territory was $770 , 10% below the statewide average.
- Colleton and Hampton were the territories that most frequently had the highest prices. The average quote for these territories was $926 , 7.7% above the statewide average.
- Prices fluctuated widely between insurance companies. For the 46 territories, the average price gap between the cheapest and most expensive insurer was $751 .
S.C. Car Insurance Study: How Much Does Your Location Affect Your Quotes?
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.