- New LTE network is a part of the most extensive and technologically advanced mobile broadband network in Slovakia
- LTE provides enhanced mobile broadband experience for subscribers
- As sole vendor of the radio network, Ericsson extends its long-term co-operation with Slovak Telekom
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Dec. 16, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Slovak Telekom has launched a 4G LTE network in five cities in Slovakia, more locations will follow soon.
Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) is the sole vendor for the LTE radio network, which is based on the multi-standard RBS 6000 base station. The network operates at 1800MHz and offers a maximum theoretical speed of 73Mbps download and 23Mbps upload. Circuit-switched fallback (CSFB) ensures that voice calls and text messages are delivered to LTE devices through the use of a 2G/3G circuit-switched network.
Miroslav Majoroš, Chairman of the Board and CEO at Slovak Telekom, says: "We have launched first Slovak nationwide LTE network and our ambition is to build the most advanced mobile network in our country. Following the launch in five cities we plan to cover 20% population of Slovakia in first three months and more locations will follow in 2014. This is new generation network for mobile devices introducing faster downloads, better latency and enabling better usage of smartphones, tablets and mobile apps. LTE is our eighth technology premiere in 12 years and confirms our leader position in technology and innovations in Slovakia."Valter D'Avino, Ericsson Head of Region Western & Central Europe, says: "We are proud to be supporting Slovak Telekom in the launch of Slovakia's largest LTE network and expanding our successful 16 year relationship by adding the provision of 4G to our existing business as sole supplier of 2G, 3G and circuit core hardware and software." This LTE rollout contract marks the continuation of long-standing cooperation between Slovak Telekom and Ericsson, and includes systems integration, network optimization, multi-vendor verification and related services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV