BOULDER, Colo., Dec. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In May more than two million Americans protested against the use of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) in our food supply. Now investigator Jeffrey Smith reveals the latest information on GMOs, how they impact our health and the health of our children and what you can do to avoid GMOs in your meals with a groundbreaking new show on Gaiam TV, Is what You Are Eating, Eating You?
"Parents are becoming more aware…children may be susceptible to the impact of GMOs…families lives have been changed dramatically." said Jeffrey Smith, executive director of the Institute for Responsible Technology.
In this new show, only available on Gaiam TV, viewers will learn about how some GMO plants become herbicide resistant so the herbicide Roundup® will not kill the plants. Other plants are genetically modified to produce toxins that break open holes in the stomachs of insects, which leads to questions of whether this effect may also happen in humans. There is no long term data on the impact of GMOs on humans or animals. Leading to the question why last year there were less than 3 dozen independent studies on GMOs which are being consumed by millions of people worldwide.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV