- SingTel has chosen Ericsson's SON Optimization Manager to extend benefits of network automation to their WCDMA networks
- The solution adapts intelligently to network traffic conditions, delivering optimum coverage, capacity and quality at all times
- SingTel's SON deployment with Ericsson supports their market leadership position in APAC
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Dec. 16, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- With new technologies like heterogeneous networks, and new traffic patterns driven by changing subscriber demands and the greater availability of innovative services it is becoming increasingly complex for operators to run well optimized services. Self-organizing networks (SON) addresses these challenges by introducing inherent automation in the network in the areas of configuration, healing and optimization.
Maintaining market leadership means ensuring customer expectations are met while at the same time controlling operational expenditures. SingTel and Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) today announced the successful deployment of Ericsson's SON Optimization Manager for SingTel's WCDMA networks.
Mr Tay Yeow Lian, SingTel's Vice President of Mobile Core Engineering, said: "With SON and other network enhancements, our customers will enjoy up to 20 per cent faster internet access in crowded places that are prone to network congestion. The chances of encountering a dropped call at these packed locations will also be reduced by as much as 40 per cent. SingTel has invested heavily in its networks to deliver the fastest mobile services in Singapore. We are the only 4G service provider to offer speeds of up to 150Mbps and nationwide dual-band coverage. By investing in new technologies, we seek to provide our customers with an even better experience with their communications and multimedia applications."Nicholas Seow, President and Country Manager of Ericsson Singapore, said: "Self-organizing networks are a critical enabler for the widespread deployment of mobile broadband technologies. Network complexity has reached the stage at which self-configuring, self-optimizing and self-healing functions are now indispensable for running a modern mobile network. Multiple standards and an expanding ecosystem of equipment providers need the automation of as much network planning, design, build and optimization as possible."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV