4 New Year's resolutions for your bank accounts
Even if you have not already changed your habits, banks may be forcing your hand. Since 2009, the number of bank branches in the U.S. has declined by more than 3,000. It may be time to go with the trend and consider an online bank -- you might get a higher savings account rate or a better deal on a checking account as a result.
Working out and eating right are investments in yourself -- a little sacrifice now so that you feel better later on. The time you spend getting your banking in shape is a similar form of investment -- make the effort now, and watch the results keep paying off over time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV