ORLANDO, Fla., Dec. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The AKC/Eukanuba National Championship Best in Show honors and $50,000 in prize money went to GCH CH Claircreek Impression de Matisse, a Portuguese Water Dog known as "Matisse" owned by Milan Lint, Peggy Helming and Donna Gottdenker of New York, New York. Before an enthusiastic crowd at the Orange County Convention Center Sunday night, "Matisse" was crowned "National Champion" by Best in Show judge Mrs. Barbara Dempsey Alderman after a weekend of exciting competition.
The AKC/Eukanuba National Championship, one of the most prestigious dog shows in the world, was joined by a range of canine sporting events under one roof including the Eukanuba World Challenge; the AKC Agility Invitational; the AKC Obedience Classic; the AKC Owner-Handled Series Final; Junior events in conformation, obedience and agility; and the Orlando cluster shows. The five-day dog celebration topped all other dog events in the nation with over 16,300 combined entries.
Spectators also enjoyed the nation's largest canine extravaganza, Celebrate Dogs!, which featured dozens of dog-centric activities like AKC Meet the Breeds ®, Eukanuba Dock Dogs, and a canine shopping mall with holiday gifts for dog lovers.Missed a competition? More than 300 hours of video event coverage is available at http://live.eukanuba.com/, including daytime breed judging, agility, obedience, Groups, Best in Show and special presentations! Reserve Best in Show and Group Winners Reserve Best in Show: GCH CH Afterall Painting the Sky, a Wire Fox Terrier known as "Sky" owned by Victor Malzoni, Jr., Torie Steele, Scott & Mary Olund, and Diane Ryan of Rialto, California. After winning Best of Breed competitions the following top dogs went on to win in their respective groups and compete for Best in Show:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV