Media Advisory: Pittsburgh's Political, Religious, Labor Leaders To Honor Mandela
PITTSBURGH, Dec. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The United Steelworkers (USW), the A. Philip Randolph Institute, the Pittsburgh Black Political Convention, and other Pittsburgh-area community, human rights, religious and labor groups will join at least 10 other cities nationwide in celebrating the life, legacy and values of the late Nelson Mandela with a memorial service Sunday at Mt. Ararat Baptist Church.
Actor, activist and Trans-Africa Board Chairman Danny Glover will be the keynote speaker at the event. Other attendees will include USW International President Leo W. Gerard and Vice President Fred Redmond, Allegheny County Labor Council President Jack Shea, Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald, Pittsburgh Mayor-Elect Bill Peduto, former Pittsburgh City Councilman and longtime civil rights activist Sala Udin, as well as a host of other religious and community leaders.
WHO: Actor/Activist Danny Glover will join Pittsburgh-area religious, political, labor and community leadersWHAT: Memorial service to celebrate the life and legacy of the late South African President Nelson Mandela WHEN: 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday, December 15, 2013 WHERE: Mt. Ararat Baptist Church at the corner of Paulson Avenue and Mayflower Street in Pittsburgh's Lincoln- Larimer neighborhood FOR MORE INFORMATION: Visit mandelapittsburgh.org PHOTO AND INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITIES WILL BE AVAILABLE The USW is the largest industrial union in North America, representing workers in a range of industries including metals, mining, rubber, paper and forestry, oil refining, health care, security, hotels, and municipal governments and agencies. CONTACT: DeWitt Walton: 412-418-5244, firstname.lastname@example.org Wayne Ranick: 412-562-2444. email@example.com SOURCE United Steelworkers (USW)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV