Books-A-Million, Inc. (Nasdaq/NM: BAMM) today announced that a total of 42,195 bags of Joe Muggs coffee have been donated by BAM! customers throughout the country to benefit the Coffee for the Troops campaign. The coffee will be distributed to troops serving overseas in hopes to give troops a little taste of home this Holiday season. The coffee is currently being packaged and will be immediately shipped to troops serving overseas through a partnership with Soldiers’ Angels and CauseKeepers.
“We continue to see an overwhelming response and generosity from our customers during our Coffee for the Troops campaigns,” said Terrance G. Finley, Chief Executive Officer and President of Books-A-Million, Inc. “We hope that our service men and women know that we appreciate their service, especially during this time of year when they are away from their friends and family serving our country.”
BAM! customers who bought and donated coffee wrote personal messages and holiday greetings to soldiers on the bags. An additional donation of 8,400 bags of coffee was made by the company, bringing the total donation to over 50,595 bags of Joe Muggs coffee. This is the fourth Coffee for the Troops coffee drive BAM! has organized, and donations have totaled nearly 100,000 bags of coffee donated since the program’s inception in 2012. The response from customers across the country this holiday season has surpassed all of the company’s goals and expectations.
“The generosity of both BAM! and the supporting public in response to BAM!'s efforts is tremendous,” said Sam Hicks, Vice President of CauseKeepers. “This coffee and the effort put behind the donation is truly an encouragement to our men and women serving in our armed forces at a time where many feel forgotten. A cup of Joe Muggs coffee will warm a lot of troop's hearts this Holiday Season!”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV