AdvoCare V100 Bowl
Location: Shreveport, La.
Matchup: Arizona vs. Boston College
Payout: $1.15 million
It's a great matchup with a nice time slot, but the former Independence Bowl is now saddled with a product-specific name that's going to elicit a shoulder shrug from all but a niche audience.
Fortunately for AdvoCare, the company picked that niche perfectly. AdvoCare produces nutritional and performance supplements and isn't exactly unknown in the sports world. The product they're pushing in this bowl -- the V100 vitamin and mineral supplement -- is geared toward a far broader audience, but a sporting event isn't such a bad place to plug it.This bowl may regain its independence in name and spirit in 2014, though, as AdvoCare has announced this will be the last season of its sponsorship. While just about any sponsor money helps, turning a bowl with nearly 40 years of history into an ad for a $35 bag of supplemental fruit chews isn't a sustainable answer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV