Beef O'Brady's Bowl
Sponsor: Beef O'Brady's
Location: St. Petersburg, Fla.
Matchup: East Carolina vs. Ohio
Payout: $537,500 million
Despite the relative anonymity of Beef O'Brady's in the rest of the country, this bowl has been a huge boost for the company sponsoring it.
The Tampa, Fla.-based restaurant chain with the Irish pub theme is just carrying on a bowl tradition. Chick-fil-A, Little Caesar's, Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD) and Bloomin Brands' (BLMN) Outback Steakhouse all host their own bowls, but pay a whole lot more than the $400,000 Beef O'Brady's shelled out for a four-year deal that includes eight commercials during each national broadcast.Does it pay off? Consider that roughly 45 of Beef O'Brady's more than 200 locations are in the Tampa/St. Pete area. About 60% of its locations are in Florida. Even if it doesn't get fans to come in for the bowl, it definitely draws interest at home and elsewhere. "Our website normally gets 21,000 hit a week. We got 21,000 the day of the Beef Bowl -- so we get a whole week's worth of hits in a night," Beef O'Brady's chief executive, Chris Elliott, said last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV