RBC Capital Markets analyst Mark Mahaney boosted his price target to $60, keeping his "outperform" rating, noting that Twitter's advertising platform is getting better, which should drive advertising revenue for the San Francisco-based social network. "Twitter is perceived to have improved its advertising platform over the last 6 months," Mahaney penned in his note. "Accordingly, advertisers are planning on increasing their Twitter spend over the next year. Twitter compares reasonably well with more-established platforms such as Google (GOOG) and Facebook (FB) in terms of effectiveness, ad spend, and growth."
As such, Mahaney boosted his revenue estimate for this year to $657 million, up from $640 million earlier, and bumped up his 2014 revenue estimate to $1.19 billion.
Topeka Capital Markets analyst Victor Anthony initiated coverage on Twitter with a "buy" rating and a $54 price target, noting Twitter's advertising platform "is in the early innings."
"We see a well-defined ecosystem with strong network effects developing around Twitter Inc that should lead to out-sized shareholder returns for years to come," Anthony wrote in his note.
Earlier this week, Twitter announced the ability to include photos in direct messages. Thursday, Instagram, a division of Facebook (FB) announced a similar product, known as Instagram Direct, allowing users to send pictures to up to 15 friends directly, as opposed to having everyone see the photos.
TWTR data by YCharts
--Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York
>Contact by Email.Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV