On December 13, 2013, Popular, Inc. (“Popular”) (NASDAQ:BPOP) completed the sale of 5,800,000 shares of common stock of EVERTEC, Inc. (“EVERTEC”) (NYSE:EVTC). The shares were sold to the public as part of an underwritten public offering of 15,233,273 shares of EVERTEC’s common stock at $20.60 per share. The selling stockholders included an affiliate of Apollo Global Management, LLC (“Apollo”), Popular, Inc. (“Popular”), and certain officers and employees of EVERTEC. Apollo sold 9,205,743 million shares of EVERTEC. Following the sale, Popular retained a stake of 14.9% in EVERTEC.
As part of the transaction, EVERTEC repurchased from the underwriters 3,690,036 shares of its common stock being sold by the selling stockholders in the offering.
Total cash proceeds received by Popular from the sale of the shares was approximately $118 million, net of underwriting discounts. Popular will recognize an after tax gain of approximately $99 million during the fourth quarter of 2013.
About Popular, Inc.Founded in 1893, Popular, Inc. is the leading banking institution by both assets and deposits in Puerto Rico and ranks 36th by assets among U.S. banks. In the United States, Popular has established a community-banking franchise providing a broad range of financial services and products with branches in New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Florida and California. For more information, visit www.popular.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV