Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Honeywell International (HON) as an unusual social activity candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Honeywell International as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HON has 12x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 1.81 mentions/day.
- HON has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $180.2 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend.EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HON with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HON NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on HON: Honeywell International Inc. operates as a diversified technology and manufacturing company worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. HON has a PE ratio of 21.7. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Honeywell International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.The average volume for Honeywell International has been 2.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Honeywell International has a market cap of $68.9 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.30 and a short float of 0.8% with 2.74 days to cover. Shares are up 36.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Honeywell International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.70 versus $2.33 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.95 versus $3.70).
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 41.07% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $1,070.00 million or 7.10% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 19.79%.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.58, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.92 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full Honeywell International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about HON
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV