Trade-Ideas: Restoration Hardware Holdings (RH) Is Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Restoration Hardware Holdings (RH) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Restoration Hardware Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- RH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $67.8 million.
- RH traded 191,034 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:33 AM, representing 17% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RH NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on RH: Restoration Hardware Holdings, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the retail of home furnishings. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Restoration Hardware Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.The average volume for Restoration Hardware Holdings has been 854,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Restoration Hardware has a market cap of $2.7 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. Shares are up 95.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Restoration Hardware Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 30.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, RH's share price has jumped by 105.61%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Although RH had significant growth over the past year, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock at the current time.
- RH's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.20 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.13 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 201.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $17.62 million to -$17.84 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, RESTORATION HARDWARE HLDNGS's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Restoration Hardware Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV