TORONTO, Dec. 13, 2013 /CNW/ - Royal Bank of Canada (RY on TSX and NYSE) today announced its intention to redeem all of its issued and outstanding Non-Cumulative 5-Year Rate Reset First Preferred Shares Series AN (the "Series AN shares"), AP (the "Series AP shares") and AR (the "Series AR shares") on February 24, 2014, for cash at a redemption price of $25.00 per share.
There are 9,000,000 Series AN shares outstanding, representing $225 million of capital; 11,000,000 Series AP shares outstanding, representing $275 million of capital; and 14,000,000 Series AR shares outstanding, representing $350 million of capital. The redemption of the Series AN, AP and AR shares will be financed out of the general corporate funds of Royal Bank of Canada.
Separately from the redemption price, the final quarterly dividend of $0.390625, for each of the Series AN, AP and AR shares will be paid in the usual manner on February 24, 2014 to shareholders of record on January 27, 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV