Leading into Apple, in another 2013 prediction article, I said:
Dog me on the INTC call all you want, but the company remains in serious trouble, despite it's best efforts to remain relevant. But, that aside, if you lost money on a pair trade that shorted INTC and went long FB in 2013, you should stick to passive 401k investing.
The chart -- and the way you would have managed the respective positions -- says it all.
- There will be no expensive content deals involved with this thing. Intel, which failed on its living room efforts, proved that, no matter who you are, you have zero leverage with the big programmers.
- Apple's new TV will be all about user experience. It will not only refine and reinvent how we find and consume content, it will completely reshape what's possible in the living room (and other rooms, for that matter).
- Apple will not do a smartwatch. That's a fad, like Google (GOOG) Glass, that will never catch on. The hires Apple made that the media associated with a forthcoming smartwatch probably have more to do with Apple TV than anything else. This TV will touch multiple parts of your life, not just television viewing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV