PENNINGTON, N.J., Dec. 13, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ocean Power Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:OPTT) ("OPT" or "the Company") today announced financial results for its Fiscal 2014 second quarter and the six months ended October 31, 2013.
* OPT recently announced the following developments related to Mitsui Engineering & Shipbuilding ("MES"), its partner in Japan:
- In October, the Company signed a new agreement with MES for further collaboration towards the development and commercialization of OPT's technology. Specifically, MES was granted a license to sell OPT's PowerBuoys for both grid-connected utility and autonomous applications in Japan, the Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, Mozambique, South Africa and Namibia. This license has a renewable ten-year term under which MES has the exclusive right to sell PowerBuoys in its territory and for which OPT will receive royalty payments. OPT will sell to MES the Power Take-Off ("PTO") systems to be integrated in all PowerBuoys sold. Furthermore, MES will receive a commission for any customers outside its territory referred to OPT, and MES also has a right of first refusal with regard to manufacturing PowerBuoys sold in certain areas outside its territory.
- Further, the Company received a $2.6 million contract from MES to supply the final design and key components of a PowerBuoy system intended for deployment off the coast of Japan. OPT will work with MES to finalize and test the spar – the PowerBuoy's main structural element – which is to be fabricated in Japan by MES; OPT will design and supply the PTO. Optimized for Japanese wave conditions, the PowerBuoy, when completed, is expected to be suitable for ocean trials to demonstrate the potential for commercial-scale utility wave power stations in Japan.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts