ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Dec. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- EchoStar Corp. (NASDAQ: SATS) said today that EchoStar Technologies LLC and Vivendi subsidiary GVT are no longer in discussions to form a joint venture for pay TV services in Brazil.
EchoStar remains committed to use its expertise in satellite and video technology to deliver a unique pay TV service to Brazil via a high-powered BSS satellite.
About EchoStar EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and video delivery solutions. EchoStar's wholly-owned subsidiary, Hughes, is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband services, delivering network technologies and managed services for enterprise and government customers in more than 100 countries.
Headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional business units world-wide, EchoStar is a multiple Emmy award-winning company that has pioneered advancements in the set-top box and satellite industries for nearly 30 years, consistently delivering value for customers, partners and investors through innovation and outstanding quality. EchoStar's contribution to video technology continues to have a major influence on the way consumers view, receive and manage TV programming. EchoStar's consumer solutions include HughesNet®, North America's #1 high-speed satellite Internet service, Sling Media's Slingbox® products, and EchoStar's line of set-top box products for the free-to-air satellite and terrestrial markets.For more information, visit www.echostar.com. SOURCE EchoStar Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV