Average repair costs: $385.82
Index rating: 1.04
Ford has no cars in the Top 10, but came close with its 2012 Ford Fusion (No. 12) and accounts for 22% of the Top 100 from its Ford brand alone. Combined with two Lincolns and two Mercury vehicles, Ford has the most cars on that list. It also holds two of the top three spots in the truck category with the 2012 Ford 350 and 2012 Ford 250.
While its vehicles don't need repairs often, those few fixes get costly. Nearly 6.6% of Ford owners shell out $447 to change the ignition coil and spark plugs, while another 5.5% are set back $890 when they have to replace the control module for their antilock brakes. Oh, and when Ford's cars prove unreliable, they do so in spectacular fashion. Its 2003 Ford Windstar minivan is the absolute worst-rated vehicle CarMD tracks. If your family owns or owned one, we're sure you have lovely stories of summer vacations spent waiting for the tow truck.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV