Starbucks Coffee Company (NASDAQ:SBUX) issued the following statement from its chairman, president and ceo Howard Schultz commending the U.S. House of Representatives for passing a bipartisan, two-year federal budget today.
“I want to commend our elected leaders in the U.S. House of Representatives for putting aside their partisan differences and achieving an important, while not perfect, budget agreement. This deal provides important stability to our economy at a critical time for all Americans, and avoids another disastrous shut-down or default.
“Citizens simply cannot afford a repeat of the past, and this action restores some needed confidence in our future. The bipartisan leadership of U.S. Senator Patty Murray (D-WA) and U.S. Representative Paul Ryan (R-WI) demonstrates what is possible when we come together with civility and for a common purpose to serve the greater good of the country. The Senate should follow their lead and pass this budget.”
This fall nearly two million Americans signed a petition posted in Starbucks stores across the U.S. and on the company’s website urging Congress and the White House to reach a deal to resolve the U.S. budget crisis.About Starbucks Since 1971, Starbucks Coffee Company has been committed to ethically sourcing and roasting the highest quality arabica coffee in the world. Today, with stores around the globe, the company is the premier roaster and retailer of specialty coffee in the world. Through our unwavering commitment to excellence and our guiding principles, we bring the unique Starbucks Experience to life for every customer through every cup. To share in the experience, please visit us in our stores or online at starbucks.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV