Canadian Museum Of History Act Receives Royal Assent
OTTAWA, Dec. 12, 2013 /CNW/ - The Honourable Shelly Glover, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages, is pleased to announce that the legislation to create the Canadian Museum of History passed the Senate and received Royal Assent. Bill C-7, which amends the Museums Act, changes the name and mandate of the Canadian Museum of Civilization Corporation.
"I am delighted that, by the time we celebrate Canada's 150 th birthday in 2017, Canadians will have the Canadian Museum of History to learn more about our history and the achievements that define who we are as Canadians," said Minister Glover.
The progressive transformation of the museum will take place over the next four years and will provide a number of opportunities to celebrate Canada's history in the lead-up to 2017. More than half of the Canadian Museum of Civilization's permanent galleries will be renovated.
The Canadian Museum of History is also leading the establishment of a network that will connect history museums across this country for the benefit of all Canadians. Through these partnerships, the Canadian Museum of History will make our national collections accessible to as many Canadians as possible.The Government of Canada is providing a one-time investment of $25 million to assist the museum in its transformation. The purpose of the Canadian Museum of History is to enhance Canadians' knowledge, understanding and appreciation of events, experiences, people and objects that reflect and have shaped Canada's history and identity, and also to enhance their awareness of world history and cultures. SOURCE Canadian Heritage
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV