The Coca-Cola Company today announced management and organizational changes related to Coca-Cola Americas with a purpose to accelerate growth.
Following the successful reorganization of the Company’s operating structure last year, the Company is taking further action to streamline its focus and expedite its refranchising to independent bottling partners. Effective January 1, 2014, the integrated North America business will be segmented into a traditional company and bottler operating model that will better suit the unique needs of the North America market. It will consist of two operating units: Coca-Cola North America and Coca-Cola Refreshments.
As a result, the following leadership changes will take place:
- Coca-Cola North America (CCNA) will be led by J. A. M. “Sandy” Douglas, as Group President, reporting to Chairman and CEO Muhtar Kent. Douglas will also continue his role as Global Chief Customer Officer. In this role, North America Brands, Foodservice, Brand Commercial, Retail Sales, Research & Development, Venturing and Emerging Brands, Strategy, Franchise Leadership and Transformation and the Canadian franchise operations will report to Douglas.
- Coca-Cola Refreshments (CCR), the bottling operations of North America, will be led by Paul Mulligan, as President, CCR. CCR will become part of the Bottling Investments Group (BIG) and Mulligan will report to Irial Finan, President of BIG. Mulligan is currently head of Commercial for BIG, and Region Director responsible for Japan and Latin America BIG operations. In his new role, CCR Canada, Product Supply Chain and Service, Bottler Commercial, Customer Care and Region Sales will report to Mulligan.
- The North America Enabling Functions will continue to support both CCNA and CCR.
- Steve Cahillane, President of Coca-Cola Americas, has decided to leave the Company to pursue other opportunities.
- The Coca-Cola Americas operating structure will cease to exist. The Latin America Group, led by Group President Brian Smith, will become part of Coca-Cola International. Smith will report to Ahmet Bozer, President of Coca-Cola International.
“Today’s announcement represents the next step in the evolution of the business announced last year when the Company consolidated leadership of its global operations under the Bottling Investments Group, Coca-Cola International, and Coca-Cola Americas,” said Muhtar Kent, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Coca-Cola Company. “We organized the business to intensify focus on key markets, streamline reporting lines, and provide flexibility to adjust the business within these geographies in the future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV