The Coca-Cola Company today announced management and organizational changes related to Coca-Cola Americas with a purpose to accelerate growth.
J. A. M. "Sandy" Douglas (Photo: Business Wire)
Following the successful reorganization of the Company’s operating structure last year, the Company is taking further action to streamline its focus and expedite its refranchising to independent bottling partners. Effective January 1, 2014, the integrated North America business will be segmented into a traditional company and bottler operating model that will better suit the unique needs of the North America market. It will consist of two operating units: Coca-Cola North America and Coca-Cola Refreshments.
As a result, the following leadership changes will take place:
- Coca-Cola North America (CCNA) will be led by J. A. M. “Sandy” Douglas, as Group President, reporting to Chairman and CEO Muhtar Kent. Douglas will also continue his role as Global Chief Customer Officer. In this role, North America Brands, Foodservice, Brand Commercial, Retail Sales, Research & Development, Venturing and Emerging Brands, Strategy, Franchise Leadership and Transformation and the Canadian franchise operations will report to Douglas.
- Coca-Cola Refreshments (CCR), the bottling operations of North America, will be led by Paul Mulligan, as President, CCR. CCR will become part of the Bottling Investments Group (BIG) and Mulligan will report to Irial Finan, President of BIG. Mulligan is currently head of Commercial for BIG, and Region Director responsible for Japan and Latin America BIG operations. In his new role, CCR Canada, Product Supply Chain and Service, Bottler Commercial, Customer Care and Region Sales will report to Mulligan.
The North America Enabling Functions will continue to support both CCNA and CCR.
- Steve Cahillane, President of Coca-Cola Americas, has decided to leave the Company to pursue other opportunities.
- The Coca-Cola Americas operating structure will cease to exist. The Latin America Group, led by Group President Brian Smith, will become part of Coca-Cola International. Smith will report to Ahmet Bozer, President of Coca-Cola International.
“Today’s announcement represents the next step in the evolution of the business announced last year when the Company consolidated leadership of its global operations under the Bottling Investments Group, Coca-Cola International, and Coca-Cola Americas,” said Muhtar Kent, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Coca-Cola Company. “We organized the business to intensify focus on key markets, streamline reporting lines, and provide flexibility to adjust the business within these geographies in the future.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts