The new research centers will consolidate technology development of strategic importance to Boeing over the long-term – up to 30 years into the future. They will be chartered to accelerate technical capability in specific fields and enhance and build networks of collaboration with university, industry and government research centers around the world.
The new locations and centers:
- Huntsville, Ala.: Simulation and Decision Analytics; Metals and Chemical Technology
- Southern California: Flight Sciences; Electronics and Networked Systems; Structures
- St. Louis: Systems Technology; Digital Aviation and Support Technology; Metallics and Fabrication Development
- North Charleston, S.C.: Manufacturing Technology
- Seattle: Manufacturing Technology Integration.
As the centers are established, BR&T employee totals are expected to grow between 300-400 each in Alabama, Missouri and South Carolina. BR&T jobs in Washington are expected to decrease by 800-1,200, and BR&T jobs in California are expected to decrease by 200-300.
The unit will continue to provide manufacturing technology integration support at Boeing business unit production sites in Washington state, as well as Arizona, California, Missouri, Pennsylvania and South Carolina.Boeing is the world's leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of jetliners and military aircraft combined. Boeing Research & Technology collaborates with customers, suppliers, universities and R&D agencies throughout the world to provide a broad base of innovative and affordable technologies for Boeing's business units. Contacts: Tom KoehlerBoeing Communications +1 425-373-2921 firstname.lastname@example.org Daryl StephensonBoeing Communications +1 314-232-8203 email@example.com SOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV