Branham Law, LLP is investigating the Board of Directors of Equal Energy Ltd. (“Equal Energy”) (NYSE: EQU) for potential claims resulting from a recent agreement with Petroflow Energy Corporation and Petroflow Canada Acquisition Corp. Pursuant to the agreement Equal Energy shareholders will receive $5.43 in cash per owned share. The deal is valued at $230 million.
Affected investors interested in learning more about the transaction should contact Trey Branham at Branham Law, LLP at 214-722-5990 or via email at email@example.com. There is no fee or cost to you.
The investigation is focused on whether the Board of Directors fulfilled its fiduciary duties to shareholders in evaluating this transaction. This transaction appears to hold little value for shareholders as Equal Energy has recently traded at $5.50 per share (December 5, 2013) and $4.89 per share (January 2012). It appears that one of Equal Energy’s largest shareholders has also expressed concerns about the company’s strategic direction.
Law, LLP is a Dallas based litigation boutique with significant
class action and securities litigation experience.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV