DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford in 2014 will launch the most vehicles globally in a single year than in more than a century
- To support its aggressive growth strategy, Ford is set to open two manufacturing facilities in Asia Pacific and one in South America
- Ford to add more than 5,000 new U.S. jobs – including 3,300 salaried positions – in 2014 on top of more than 14,000 new hires in the past two years to support its growth momentum
- Two new fuel-efficient EcoBoost ® engines added to lineup, boosting total offerings to six
- Fuel efficiency technologies, such as Auto Start-Stop, will spread to the company's highest-volume products, covering 70 percent of Ford's North America volume
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) next year will launch 23 new vehicles to customers around the world, open three more manufacturing facilities and add more than 5,000 new jobs in the United States to meet growing demand for its products.
"Next year, we are embarking on our most ambitious global launch year ever to meet customer demand for our products around the world," said Raj Nair, group vice president, Ford global product development. "We are investing even more through our One Ford plan to serve more customers, in more segments – and deliver profitable growth."
The growth in 2014 will come on the heels of a strong year for Ford in 2013. The company saw growth due to having the freshest product lineup in the industry while adding more jobs. Ford expects its global launches next year to more than double those of 2013.Ford is on pace in 2013 to produce 6 million vehicles, or about 16 vehicles per minute around the world. This momentum is led by Ford Focus, the world's best-selling single nameplate, which is on track to reach 1.1 million sales this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV