DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford in 2014 will launch the most vehicles globally in a single year than in more than a century
- To support its aggressive growth strategy, Ford is set to open two manufacturing facilities in Asia Pacific and one in South America
- Ford to add more than 5,000 new U.S. jobs – including 3,300 salaried positions – in 2014 on top of more than 14,000 new hires in the past two years to support its growth momentum
- Two new fuel-efficient EcoBoost ® engines added to lineup, boosting total offerings to six
- Fuel efficiency technologies, such as Auto Start-Stop, will spread to the company's highest-volume products, covering 70 percent of Ford's North America volume
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) next year will launch 23 new vehicles to customers around the world, open three more manufacturing facilities and add more than 5,000 new jobs in the United States to meet growing demand for its products.
"Next year, we are embarking on our most ambitious global launch year ever to meet customer demand for our products around the world," said Raj Nair, group vice president, Ford global product development. "We are investing even more through our One Ford plan to serve more customers, in more segments – and deliver profitable growth."
The growth in 2014 will come on the heels of a strong year for Ford in 2013. The company saw growth due to having the freshest product lineup in the industry while adding more jobs. Ford expects its global launches next year to more than double those of 2013.Ford is on pace in 2013 to produce 6 million vehicles, or about 16 vehicles per minute around the world. This momentum is led by Ford Focus, the world's best-selling single nameplate, which is on track to reach 1.1 million sales this year.