PARIS, Dec. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) is enabling Bezeq, one of Israel's leading telecommunications operators, to enhance and upgrade the capabilities of its national broadband network which serves 1.2 million subscribers throughout the country.
By extensively utilising Bezeq's existing copper line and optical fiber infrastructure, Alcatel-Lucent's VDSL2 vectoring solution will be able to be deployed quickly to enable Bezeq to offer faster broadband connections needed for bandwidth-hungry services such as video streaming and online gaming.
- The deployment of Alcatel-Lucent's VDSL2 vectoring technology will enable Bezeq to broaden the reach of its ultra-broadband access service, providing homes and businesses with speeds up to 100Mbps, significantly enhancing their broadband and video services experience
- Bezeq has a competitive advantage using VDSL2 vectoring technology that leverages existing infrastructure to deploy the network as quickly as possible
- VDSL2 vectoring uses noise-cancelling technology that removes the crosstalk between multiple copper lines in a bundle so that each can operate at its best and deliver higher bit rates
- With Alcatel-Lucent executing The Shift Plan, the industrial strategy to reposition the company as a specialist vendor of IP Networking and Ultra-Broadband Access, VDSL2 vectoring is a key segment of the company's portfolio of technologies enabling telecommunications operators to deliver superfast Internet access to households and enterprises alike.
Quotes:Yuval Keinan CTO of Bez eq said: "The ultra-broadband market in Israel is heating up very quickly with the introduction of bandwith-demanding IP applications. Alcatel-Lucent's VDSL2 vectoring solution will give Bezeq a great advantage by enabling us to leverage our existing infrastructure to meet the customer demand for ultra-broadband in the fastest and most economical way." Luis Martinez Amago, President EMEA of Alcatel-Lucent said: "Alcatel-Lucent had an established relationship with Bezeq in the areas of IP and DWDM technology but we had not worked with them on access projects before this one. After a successful next generation network technology trial, they chose our VDSL2 vectoring solution. We look forward to working closely with Bezeq as they continue to build out their state-of-the-art broadband network to outsmart competition, and deliver ultra-broadband to the citizens in Israel in the shortest delay possible." Additional resources: About Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) Alcatel-Lucent is at the forefront of global communications, providing products and innovations in IP and cloud networking, as well as ultra-broadband fixed and wireless access to service providers and their customers, enterprises and institutions throughout the world. Underpinning Alcatel-Lucent in driving the industrial transformation from voice telephony to high-speed digital delivery of data, video and information is Bell Labs, an integral part of Alcatel-Lucent and one of the world's foremost technology research institutes, responsible for countless breakthroughs that have shaped the networking and communications industry. Alcatel-Lucent innovations have resulted in the company being recognized by Thomson Reuters as a Top 100 Global Innovator, as well as being named by MIT Technology Review as amongst 2012's Top 50 "World's Most Innovative Companies". Alcatel-Lucent has also been recognized for innovation in sustainability, being named Industry Group Leader for Technology Hardware & Equipment sector in the 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices review for making global communications more sustainable, affordable and accessible, all in pursuit of the company's mission to realize the potential of a connected world. With revenues of Euro 14.4 billion in 2012, Alcatel-Lucent is listed on the Paris and New York stock exchanges (Euronext and NYSE: ALU). The company is incorporated in France and headquartered in Paris. For more information, visit Alcatel-Lucent on: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com, read the latest posts on the Alcatel-Lucent blog http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/blog and follow the Company on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Alcatel_Lucent. SOURCE Alcatel-Lucent
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV