DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Overall, consumers are reassessing their relationships with new technology, balancing a tension between fear of missing out and the joy of disconnecting, according to Ford's second annual trend report
- Growing trend toward how people manage their time, reevaluating priorities such as health, community and the environment
- Looking Further with Ford report examines 10 trends expected to influence consumer behavior in 2014 and beyond
Consumers will reevaluate their relationships with technology in 2014, balancing the need to be constantly plugged in with a new appreciation for spending quality time off-line, reveals Ford Motor Company's (NYSE: F) second annual trend report, released today.
The report – Looking Further with Ford 2014 – highlights 10 global trends for the new year that explore how the technology explosion will affect consumer choices and behaviors.
The top global trend for 2014, Innovation's Quiet Riot, explores whether people will continue trying to keep up with an always-on society and experience a fear of missing out, or begin to find joy in moments free of digital distraction.Against this backdrop, Looking Further with Ford 2014 uncovers people's desire to have downtime to reflect on what matters most – friends, family and community. This evokes nostalgia as consumers remember the comfort and character associated with the way things were. "There is no escaping the impact – both positive and negative – of the rapid pace of technology. What is more fascinating to watch in 2014 is how a culture of reflection is emerging," said Sheryl Connelly, Ford global trend and futuring manager. "We are seeing a consumer culture that is increasingly mindful of the need to nurture society's valuable and irreplaceable resources." Looking Further with Ford Ford monitors shifts in social, technological, economic, environmental and political arenas to understand what drives consumer attitudes and behaviors – and how these attitudes and behaviors can impact the automotive category. Insights from the annual trend report then guide Ford Motor Company designers, engineers and marketers in development of future Ford products and services. Looking Further with Ford 2014 focuses on a broad range of micro trends that affect businesses and consumers. The insights revealed reflect years of qualitative and quantitative research and collaboration with thought leaders from around the world.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV