Tough said that when it comes to needing a new flavor or fragrance, customers come to IFF for the company's innovation and scientific knowledge. He said his company operates as a technology company, constantly reinventing itself with new proprietary products and processes.
When asked how a celebrity perfume gets made, Tough explained that many celebs get actively involved in their products and work right alongside IFF scientists to create the perfect fragrance. He said behind the name and the marketing and the distribution there needs to be a terrific formulation for a perfume to be successful and that's something that only IFF can deliver.
Tough also noted that IFF is now moving into the biotech space, which he said represents a significant opportunity for his company.
Cramer said when it comes to performance, IFF will deliver in the short term and the long term for its shareholders.
No Huddle OffenseIn his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer urged investors to "know their metrics." He explained that last night shares of Adobe (ADBE), an Action Alerts Plus holding, were down big after investors saw a miss in Adobe's earnings per share. But, it turns out, EPS is not what matters most at Adobe. Turns out, the company's cloud orders, its growing subscription numbers, are what matters to Adobe. Once investors learned that metric, shares shot up almost 13%.
Cramer said not every stock is an EPS story, but only the smart investors -- the ones who have done their homework -- will know what number really moves a stock higher. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter with all of his latest articles and videos please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV