The bull run in 2013 was not simply for stocks, but for dumb things as well. We had so much great material last year that we simply cannot wait for 2014 to start. Thats why were already looking ahead to next year even before we flip the final page in our desk calendar.
That's right folks, its time for our Five Dumbest Predictions list. We know you can't wait either, especially after our prophecies from last year were so spot-on.
OK. We were zero for five last year, but we came close in a few spots which is more than you can say for Blackstone guru Byron Wien who really struck out on his annual list.
For example, embattled SAC Capital chief Steve Cohen did not break his longstanding silence by pouring his heart out to Barbara Walters on The View like we predicted. That said, we were treated to a bootleg legal deposition from Stevie in November that seemed fairly heartfelt. Thats gotta count for something!And fine, Apple (AAPL) didnt buy The Gap (GPS) and launch a line of stores mixing technology and fashion. We were wrong on that score, we grant you that. Still, Apple CEO Tim Cook saw his companys stock in the dumps for nearly the entire year while shares of The Gap soared. That means merger arbitrageurs would have made out like bandits had they heeded our words and bought Gap stock and shorted Apples. You see? Horseshoes, hand grenades and Dumbest predictions. Close is more than good enough. So, without further ado, please find this year's list. And for the record, dont think weve entirely given up on last years predictions. Dick Grasso still might turn the New York Stock Exchange into Grassos Italian Restaurant and Day Trade. And if he does, you heard it here first!
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV