SEATTLE, Dec. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Allrecipes, the world's largest digital food brand with more than 1 billion annual visits, is celebrating this year's huge popularity of homemade holiday gifts by releasing its list of the most fun, easy-to-make and versatile food gifts based on the ratings and reviews of its community of 10 million home cooks.
Allrecipes' annual 2013 holiday food trend survey reveals that 54 percent of home cooks plan to prepare and share homemade food gifts this season, and that 82 percent will seek homemade gift inspiration from recipe websites. To help make it easier for its community to find gift ideas that are easy and affordable, Allrecipes.com and its team of editors culled through thousands of food gift recipes and curated a collection of the top 20 homemade Christmas food gift ideas, including recipes for doggie biscuits and herb salt. Each of the 20 featured food gift ideas is paired with a detailed step-by-step instructional video to help ensure the final results are beautiful, delicious, and include a personal decorative touch. Clever holiday packaging ideas for eight of the 20 food gifts may be found in the launch issue of Allrecipes magazine, on newsstands nationwide.
"At Allrecipes, our focus is to help our community of home cooks shine this holiday season," said Esmee Williams, Allrecipes' vice president of Brand Marketing. "We're excited to share these top-rated homemade gift ideas, which empower home cooks to create meaningful presents that are as fun to make as they are to share."Topping Allrecipes' most popular homemade gifts this year are cookies and bars, which fit nicely in a pretty mug with a personalized tag attached. Depending upon age, kids might measure, mix and shape the dough, or simply decorate the cookies parents have prepared, adding their personal touch.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV